Passport is a brand of Food Safe Ltd, an NZQA-Registered Category 1 Private Training Establishment.
Food Safe Ltd is Accredited by the New Zealand Government.
E-Learning Courses are designed by Industry experts.
Allergen Management Training
VITAL 3 Training
Food Safe Ltd has been accredited by the Allergen Bureau to deliver the VITAL 3 Allergen Management Training Course.
LIVE Online Expert-Led Training delivered by Food Safety Expert via Video Conferencing.
Allergen Management & VITAL 3 Training
What is VITAL?
VITAL stands for Voluntary Incidental Trace Allergen Labelling – an objective, science-based approach to allergen risk awareness, management and control.
What is a VITAL 3 Calculator?
Vital 3 Calculator is a mathematical calculator to determine the level of allergen risk. It allows for a company to make an objective determination of the type of food label and allergen risk statement.
Who should do this training?
Quality Assurance Coordinators, Officers and Quality Assurance Managers, Technical Managers, Food Technologists and Food Science students looking to build competency and strengthen their CV for Quality Assurance roles.
- Understanding allergens and food intolerances
- Case Study Reviews
- Understanding how the law applies
- Allergen Risk Management and the specifics on how this can be managed from process start to final product
- The need for allergen control
- Practical ways to control allergens
- VITAL Process
- Vital 3 Calculator
- Allergen labelling
Learning Outcomes:On completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Understand the principles underpinning Voluntary Incidental Trace Allergen Labelling (VITAL).
- Understand the VITAL 3 process and its application.
- Have a practical understanding of how to implement VITAL 3 to achieve an appropriate precautionary labelling outcome.
This one-day training course will improve your understanding of allergen management and will provide a core understanding of the workings and uses of VITAL.
Food Safe Ltd has been granted Accreditation by the Allergen Bureau to provide VITAL 3 Allergen Management Training